The Kerry Way is a looped walking route starting and finishing in the tourist hub of Killarney. The walking route winds its way around the Iveragh Peninsula taking in some of the most dramatic scenery in Ireland. For the first three days on The Kerry Way you will be traversing the foothills of the Macgillycuddy’s Reeks, home to 9 of the 10 tallest mountains in Ireland. As you get closer to the coast, the hills will become softer but you will welcome them as they provide you with the perfect vantage points to take in the views of the stunning Kerry coastline. From the colourful coastal village of Waterville you will turn East towards Kenmare, hopping on and off the Wild Atlantic Way and Ring of Kerry coastal route before rejoining the trail to make the most of the Atlantic coast views including Puffin, Scarrif and Deenish Island.
Your last day of walking sees you walking North from Kenmare, through Killarney National Park and back to Killarney town. Killarney is the ideal location for a few days of rest and relaxation after your walking tour. This bustling country town is packed with good restaurants, bars and traditional pubs. Take a stroll around the Tudor/Victorian-style Muckross house with its traditional farm and walled gardens. We have planned this walking holiday so your accommodation is close to or on the main trail; and where possible you will stay in the major towns along this stunning route. Read our blog to learn about the highlights of this tour.
VIEW OUR TOUR OPTIONS
- The Kerry Way – Short Break:
- 5 days/4 nights. Walk the Kerry Way from Killarney to Glenbeigh, staying in our selected accommodation along the way.
- The Kerry Way Section One – 5 nights:
- 6 days/5 nights. Walk the Northern section of The Kerry Way from Killarney to Cahersiveen, staying in our selected accommodation along the way.
- The Kerry Way Section Two – 6 nights:
- 7 days/6 nights. Walk the Southern section of The Kerry Way from Cahersiveen to Killarney, staying in our selected accommodation along the way.
- The Kerry Way – Full Walk:
- 11 days/10 nights. Hike the full Kerry Way from Killarney and back, staying in our selected accommodation along the way.