Kyle Farmhouse is located at Tinahely County Wicklow on the famous Wicklow Way.
The house is unique in that it is a 4-star Guesthouse, originally built in the 19th Century which still functions today as a working farmhouse.
Guests hiking the Wicklow way can enjoy a stay in comfort here after a long day’s hiking.
“COVID-ready” at Kyle Farmhouse
Recently the Irish Government introduced the COVID-19 Safety Charter which we discussed in an earlier blog post.
Like other B&B owners around Ireland, Margaret Cooney has been busy getting her beautiful house “COVID-ready” to accept guests:
“We are looking forward to welcoming you to our home. The safety of our guests and staff is our priority. We are following guidelines issued by the Irish government to ensure your safety while you stay in our home. We have completed safety and hygiene training. We have made the necessary changes to the day-to-day running of our home, ensuring our services are delivered to you with every precaution possible. Combining this level of care with enhanced hygiene protocols will ensure you have a very enjoyable and safe experience when you stay in our home.”
Some of the changes that Kyle Farmhouse have made around the house are outlined below:
Communal Areas & Guest Sitting Room:
- Hand Sanitisers have been put in place at entrances and exits to our
home, and in all communal areas.
- Social distancing will be implemented throughout your stay. Signage and
markings will be in place so safe social distancing is implemented.
- We will issue a pre-arrival form to reduce the exchange of forms and
pens at check-in. We aim to eliminate as many common touchpoints as
- We encourage guests to pay by card where possible. Credit card
terminals will be cleaned and disinfected between use.
- Keys will be disinfected before and after each stay.
- Safety guidelines and posters are displayed throughout our home.
- Regular deep cleaning is carried out. All surfaces and common touchpoints including door handles, stair banisters, chairs, TV remote are
cleaned, sprayed, and disinfected multiple times each day.
- Windows and doors will be opened to allow fresh air to circulate
throughout communal areas.
Bedrooms at Kyle Farmhouse:
- Your bedroom will have received a deep clean and full sanitisation before you arrive.
Extra time will be assigned per room to allow for high-risk areas to be thoroughly sanitised.
- All common touchpoints are being cleaned and disinfected, including TV remote controls, handles and switches.
- We have removed non-essential items from the bedrooms including guest literature, brochures, newspapers, magazines. They are available
on request and disposed of after use.
- Non-essential decorative textiles and furnishings have been removed from the bedrooms, i.e. bed throws & cushions. Additional bedding is available on request.
- Tea and coffee making facilities have been removed. We are more than happy to provide refreshments on request.
- The utmost care is taken in handling the treatment and sterilisation of bed linen. Our bed linen is washed and sterilised to eliminate any potential bacteria and viruses.
- For guests staying multiple nights, rooms will not be cleaned while guests are inside. We ask you to indicate at check-in how often you would like your room serviced
Kyle Farmhouse Dining Room:
- We have rearranged our dining room and seating arrangements to ensure social distancing is in place.
- A breakfast buffet service will be replaced with an extensive table service menu or ‘breakfast to go’ option.
- We have replaced menus with a menu board in the dining room.
- Tables and chairs are cleaned and sanitised between each use.
- Single use condiments will be used.
- Regular deep cleaning, washing and sterilisation is carried out across all areas of the dining room.
“We are confident that you will enjoy your stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you. Our welcome may be a little different but it will be warm.”
We are very happy to recommend and work with Kyle Farmhouse as our preferred accommodation on the Wicklow Way.
If you have any questions about how hotels & B&Bs in Ireland are getting COVID-ready please get in touch with our team using the form below: