This tour includes three great routes in one fantastic week’s walking on the Wild Atlantic Way; the Bluestack Mountain Way, Saint Colmcille Coastal Way (Sli Cholmcille Way), and Slieve League Sea Cliffs.
The Bluestack Mountains are located in County Donegal in the North West corner of Ireland. The mountains contain several lofty peaks and you will be traversing many of the valleys that make up the Bluestack mountain range. Scenery all around is simply magnificent with meandering rivers, cascading waterfalls and rugged exhilarating views to overload the senses.
In a wonderfully remote corner of Donegal the St Colmcille Way (Sli Cholmcille) offers walkers some of the finest walking paths and coastal views in Ireland. Added to this is a rich cultural and archaeological heritage with opportunities along the routes to visit numerous historic monuments like the signal tower at Glen Head or Glencolumbcille Cross Pillar.
The Slieve League Pilgrim Path (Sliabh Liag) takes walkers to the majestic Slieve League sea cliffs. Towering over 600 meters above the sea they are the tallest sea cliffs in Ireland. The distances walked each day are high, but you will spend the majority of your time walking along quiet rural roads and mountain tracks, so the distances should not seem as long.
VIEW OUR TOUR OPTIONS
- The Bluestack Way – Short Break:
- 4 days/3 nights. Depart Donegal, walking into the mountainous heart of the Bluestack Way for two days. Staying in our selected accommodation along the way.
- The Sli Cholmcille Way – Highlight:
- 5 days/4 nights. Departing Ardara you will start and finish your tour of the Sli Cholmcille Way, including a days looped tour of the Sliabh Liag Pilgrims Path. Staying in our selected accommodation along the way.
- The Bluestack Way & Sli Cholmcille Way – Full Walk:
- 7 days/6 nights. Depart Donegal, walking into the mountainous heart of The Bluestack Way for two days. From Ardara you will start and finish your tour of the Sli Cholmcille Way including a day on the Sliabh Liag Pilgrims Path. Staying in our selected accommodation along the way.